This evening at 7 pm, something life-changing will happen to me. This is something I have been waiting a long time for, and I have also been preparing for it all week.
In a galaxy far, far away…in the AMC 16 in Burbank, I get to see Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens tonight.
And I am so stoked for it. I have been watching all the movies this week in preparation for this one. Right now, I am finishing off the prequels, and excitedly moving on to the OG trilogy.
Here are a few things I have noticed in binge-watching the first three episodes:
- Hayden Christensen is a babe. Especially in III. Like, damn.
- Jake Lloyd in I is actually so adorable. I just want to hug him.
- Episode II has the best one-liners, I think.
- Me as I watch III: Ani, where did that scar come from?? Seriously, we are all wondering.
- A two-sided lightsaber is the coolest thing ever.
- They really are a bit of a let down. Or a lot a bit. Like as great as the actors in this movie are (Ewan McGregor, Samuel L. Jackson, Natalie Portman, etc), the acting is not as good as it should be.
- The fight scenes are much better in the prequels. Sorry. Thanks, technology.
- I still want a lightsaber.
- R2D2 and Obi-Wan are still my favorites.
I am just super pumped for this. And I am quite comfy chilling in my Darth Vader onesie. Yes, I got one of those, and I loooooove it.
I am also avoiding spoilers like the plague. I do not want to know anything about the new one until I see it. But after that, you can bet your bottom dollar that I will analyze the crap out of it. It’s what I do.
Nerd Ash out!