So this is it…I am leaving the country tomorrow for three months. I am going to be living in not only a new city or state or even country. No, I am moving to a completely new continent. Almost a new hemisphere! Crazy is an understatement.
So is panic. I am still in the process of packing, for crying out loud. I know, I know. I am such a procrastinator, but this is one of those moments in my life where I won’t be sure it’s real until after it happens. And even then, I might still be in denial. This is exactly the kind of thing I always wanted to do but I never thought I ever could (thanks, depression).
But lo and behold, here we are!
Over the next three months I will still be blogging about my life and my struggles and posting little exerpts of my writing, per the usual, but I will also be documenting my adventures abroad: traveling, eating, drinking, the works. I know I have been posting very sporadically lately (I’ve been busy and quite frankly, uninspired), but this is my chance to step my game back up. I can give y’all updates that are more than: “So today I went for a hike, and it was beautiful! Then I went to work. And I ended the night with 5+ episodes of One Treet Hill.”
Be prepared for an absolute overload of pictures, cute boy sightings, and tales of an American girl adapting to a new world (or if you want to get technical, the Old World. The Mother Land, if you will). I hope those cute boy sightings include at least one member of One Direction. Please, God, just one!
I cannot wait to share my adventures with all of you, as I share just about everything else! Hopefully I will get a great chunk of writing done, both for Book 2 and the blog–I’ve got a new blog series in mind coming your way in the future). And I figured it was time for a little change in theme, as well, to go with my change of living situation. Stayed tuned for it all!
Things I still need to do:
- finish packing–this should be done, but I clearly am a failure at having my life together
- get my car washed–seems unnecessary, but it must be done
- get a decent good night’s sleep
- say goodbye to Gracie–this is definitely one of the most important ones
- change my phone plan
- print an abundance of paperwork
- finish the bottle of wine JoDee left for me–at least, it’s not the Malibu
- get In-n-Out–for obvious reasons
Things I am going to do in London (but not limited to):
- High tea at the Ritz
- Big Red Bus Tour–because I need to be a tourist before I can be a local
- Tate Modern Museum
- Princess Diana Memorial
- Shop on Oxford Street–trying to underpack so I can shop till I drop, basically
- St. Paul’s Catherdral
- Millennium Bridge
- Ben Ben (Elizabeth Tower) and the House of Parliament
- Westminster Abbey
- Buckingham Palace
- King’s Cross Station–Harry Potter is love, Harry Potter is life
- Monument of the the Great Fire of London–for you, ENGL 205
- Abbey Road–also for obvious reasons
I went through so many ups and downs to get here, and now that it is all finally happening, I can’t believe it! I am ready to take the leap across the pond and see what the rest of the world has to offer. My little corner of the internet is getting a whole lot more exciting.
See you guys in England!
XOXO, Ash ❤